Getting a MailChimp List ID
As part of the integration process between Sage CRM and MailChimp, you must find and specify a List ID. Sage CRM uses this ID to send subscriber information to MailChimp. Before you can get the List ID, you must first create a MailChimp account. For more information, see Creating a MailChimp account.
- In MailChimp, click Lists.
- If you don't have a list set up, click Create List.
Delete any unsupported merge fields from your list. For example, the default list in a new MailChimp account may contain the Birthday field, which is not supported by Sage CRM out of the box.
- Enter the list details.
- Select how you want to receive notifications whenever someone on your list opens an email.
- Click Save.
For a list of merge fields supported by Sage CRM, see Renaming MailChimp campaign merge fields.
- Click the Stats drop-down beside the list name and select Settings. If you have only one list and no subscribers, click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click List name & defaults to find the unique List ID for the list.
After you've integrated Sage CRM and MailChimp, you can change the List ID. If you change it to another List ID on the existing MailChimp account, all campaigns remain active. However, if you change it to a List ID on a different account, all campaigns are disabled and campaign statistics are not updated automatically or manually. You can't revert to the old List ID. This means that if campaigns are disabled, you can't re-enable them.